[Samba] Network access speed.

Dan Vande More dvm at gwtr.com
Tue Jul 16 13:49:02 GMT 2002

Rashkae,

Thanks for the information, I tried to work my email in such a way that it didn't look like I was blaming samba, in fact I know most of it is not samba,
due to the timing differences I did in windows, so I would have to agree with you in that it is a configuration issue.
However about 4 months ago I solved the reverse lookups/dns issues, which improved performance substantially over the wan.
I am confident this is still working.
I don't think I need to test the network, like I said from 4 inches away my NT box does the saves in 26 less seconds, so I know everything from the dsl router to the samba box is working well.
IT could be an issue with my network card I guess, but I don't think so(Intel Pro 100)
but I'll try.

I'll have to look more into oplocks, etc.
Thank you again for the information.

Dan VandeMore