[Samba] Samba+cups+permission issues

Larry Engleman larry at burgiss.com
Tue Jul 16 11:58:02 GMT 2002

I have an old Cyrix 166 box running Mandrake 8.0, samba 2.2.5, and cups
1.1.6

I have all authentication done through a winNT PDC and another winNT BDC.
Security = domain

I have an Hp4050tn printer using the HP4050 PCL drivers installed with the
windows point&print feature. This works for all of our Win2k machines.  The
winnt
workstations have problems though.

When a user on winnt attempts to print a document in Landscape view,
it will print in regular view.  This problem goes away when I give them full
write permission to the shared print$ folder.  While this is an ok temporary
fix,
(and it's not that I don't trust my users??) I would like them to not have
these
permissions unless it is necessary.

If more information is needed to properly diagnose, please let me know.