[Samba] spoolss printing: downloading printing preferences in W2K

Tom Vandepoel tom.vandepoel at be.ubizen.com
Tue Jul 16 04:46:02 GMT 2002

Gerald Carter wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Tom Vandepoel wrote:
>

>>The problem is the printing preferences: it does seem these get saved to
>>the samba server after I change them via the APW (with SMB connect as
>>printer admin user). It also seems NT4 clients see the changed
>>preferences, but I they don't seem to be propagated to W2K clients if I
>>connect with a *non* printer admin user.
>

> Known (and fixed) bugs in 2.2.5pre1

I upgraded to 2.2.5 + parse_sec.patch, but this does not seem to improve
things. Uploading and downloading drivers works great, but the settings
just aren't propagated when I connect as non-admin user.

I even completely cleared the installed drivers and settings (deleted
ntprinters.tdb/ntdrivers.tdb + contents of W32X86 directory tree) and
uploaded the drivers from scratch, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

--
Tom Vandepoel
Security Architect

Ubizen - Philipsite 5 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
T:  +32 16 28 70 00
F:  +32 16 28 71 00

Ubizen - We Secure e-Business - www.ubizen.com