[Samba] Change Filelocking

J.Strohschnitter svebu at gmx.de
Mon Jul 15 23:27:02 GMT 2002

Hi there,

>> $: smbstatus -u USER
>>
>> Pid    DenyMode   Access      R/W        Oplock           Name
>> DENY_DOS   0x1         RDONLY     EXCLUSIVE+BATCH kund.dat

can anybody explain me what the DENY_DOS means in the smbstatus
output ?

I've got the problem, that a DOS-PC, that is connected with NWClient and
Mars_NWE to a linux-server, opens a file - but when at the same time
a Windows-Client opens the file via Samba, the Windows-Client crashes.

So I think, that this status DENY_DOS could be the problem.

Does anybody know how to change the DENY_DOS Flag ?

--

SET THE CONTROLS
	FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN

Jens