[Samba] samba ldap and anonymous shares

Jason Joines joines at joines.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 15 14:35:23 GMT 2002

     We are moving all of our linux and samba authentication to OpenLDAP
and we have several anonymous shares that users access to run custom
applications.
     After moving everything to OpenLDAP, anonymous access is broken but
only from windows clients.  If you connect from a Linux client and pass
the username of nobody without a password, it works just fine.  Even
specifiying the nobody user from a windows client does not work.
     The server's local passwd file still has the nobody user in it.  I
tried both with and without the nobody user in the OpenLDAP directory.
     Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason Joines
Open Source = Open Minds