[Samba] Corrupt tdb?

Goetz Rieger goetz.rieger at suse.de
Mon Jul 15 04:23:02 GMT 2002

Hey all,

on a Samba 2.2.4 PDC (on ext3), we encounter the following problem:

Everything was working well, but suddenly printing no longer works.
Examining log.smbd shows an error like "smbd: printing.tdb rec_free_read
bad magic..."

I assume that the printing.tdb is corrupt. Am I right?

OK, when I restart samba, printing.tdb is rebuild.

But that reminds me of a couple of questions: What information is stored
in the *.tdb-files in the locks dir, e.g. what is in ntprinters.tdb or
ntdrivers.tdb? How can I rebuild them, which ones should be go into
backup? Is there documentation anywhere? Is a backup done by tdbbackup
consistent?

Or could somebody elaborate a bit on that topic?  ;-)

Thanks,
Goetz
--
Goetz Rieger					Phone: +49 2241 92917-39
SuSE Linux AG					Fax:   +49 2241 314599