[Samba] Samba and RPM

info info at ssltbivdc.com
Sun Jul 14 18:29:02 GMT 2002

Hi,
I am running Red Hat 6.2 and I am trying to install version 2.2.4 of Samba using RPM but am getting many failed dependency errors as follows:
PAM>= 0.72 is needed by Samba
Kernel >= 2.2.1 is needed by Samba
Glibc >= 2.1.2 is needed by Samba
chkconfig is needed by Samba
File utils is needed by Samba
/bin/sh is needed
ld-linux.so.2
libc.so.6
libdl.so.2
libncurses.so.4

And many other dependencies errors.................

I am a basic user of Linux but our Server runs on Linux and it runs without any problems at all.  I looked at upgrading to 7.1 but our database wasnt supported (Progress) and also there were a lot of changes to where files were stored etc (APache defaults).
Is there anyone out there who can help me upgrade Samba?  I looked all thru the ftp sites to see if i could get a tar.gz file for 2.2.4 but with no luck.
Or am I in real trouble with these dependencies?  Please help.
I want to upgrade Samba so I can get it to act as the PDC for our Network.
Thanks in advance and hope.

Mr. Gerard O'Reilly
Intranet Manager
Siam Stars Ltd/ Thai-Belgium Industrial Co. Ltd
21/6 Moo 3, Soi Kayha Bangbua,
Viphavadee Rangsit Road,
60 Talad Bangkhen,
Laksi Bangkok 10210