[Samba] Backup file server

René Nieuwenhuizen R.Nieuwenhuizen at cpb.nl
Sat Jul 13 08:12:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

What about a fibre channel (or even a fast wide differential-scsi channel)
connecting the fileservers to a raid cabinet (with fc-interface/dual
fw-scsi)? Files are reliable stored on raid and when server x fails server y
mounts filesystem checks filesystem (fast recovery needed so journaled
filesystem) and starts serving... You have to make sure that server y
doesn't take over without really disabeling server x (power switching it
off).

René Nieuwenhuizen
SysAdmin Centraal Planbureau