[Samba] Client connection problem

Jeff Dugan/HDGH JDugan at hdgh.org
Fri Jul 12 20:44:26 GMT 2002

I've been banging my head on this for two days now !

Everything checks out cool on the server, however I can't get the client to
connect.  I've gone through a number of troubleshooting docs and all lead
me to suspect the hosts allow entry, however, even if I allow everyone on
the network, I still get the below error msgs.

Server:  scooby  - FreeBSD 4.5 running Samba 2.2.2
  Client : shaggy  - Windows 2000K Server SP2

                C:\>
      C:\>net view scooby
      System error 5 has occurred.

      Access is denied.
                C:\>
      C:\>net use z: \\scooby\share  /user:me
      System error 1240 has occurred.
      This account is not authorized to log in from this station.
                C:\>

Here's a copy of my smb.conf

[global]
      workgroup = geeks
      netbios name = scooby
      server string =  Samba Server
      hosts allow  = shaggy
      log file = /var/log/log.%m
      max log size = 50

[share]
      comment = Test Share
      path = /tmp
      read only = yes
      user = me

Please ,......anybody have any other avenues I might try ?

Thanks In advance !

Jeff Dugan
jdugan at hdgh.org

The information contained in this email is confidential and protected by
law.  The information is intended only for the person or organization
addressed in this email.  If you share or copy the information you are
breaking the law.  If you have received this email by mistake, please
delete it and notify the sender of the email by the telephone number listed
on this email.