[Samba] SAMBA DFS

Mario Lasch Mario.Lasch at zmms.tu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 12 20:43:50 GMT 2002

Hi all again,

is anybody out there who is using
SAMBA DFS with Win98 or Win-NT4 ???

If anyone has it running please let me (us)
know, and please give me a hint.
What special config I need...

Here are the Problems:

after installing SAMBA with ms-dfs support i had
this problem.
NT4-Clients and WIN98 can not create new directories
on shares with "msdfs root = yes" ! W2k-Clients had no
problems with that.  Win95 without msdfs-client is also
running!

facts:
Linux 2.4.x Kernel
Samba 2.2.4 --with-msdfs
global: host msdfs = yes
share: msdfs root = yes
CLient NT4 with SP6 / Win98Se

Did I forgot something to do or is it a bug?

Terry Fung Tak Hei wrote:

> Hi Mario
>
> I can't create directory in the dfsroot!!! I will try on Win2k Server
> dfs root...
>
> For running samba dfs with NT4 or WIN9X, I will try to install Active
> Directory Client on Win98 tommorrow. That's my final try...

Mario Lasch

eMail: Mario.Lasch at zmms.tu-berlin.de
http://www.zmms.tu-berlin.de/~mario

Technische Universität Berlin