[Samba] installation instructions?

Billeb, Andrew abilleb at rational.com
Fri Jul 12 20:34:28 GMT 2002

Hello Samba Folks,

I have downloaded the file samba-2.2.2-hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00.tar.gz from your
website, and have uncompressed and untarred it into the /opt directory of my
hp 11.0 machine (as specified in the README) file.  Unfortuantely, I find no
directions on how to install it.

I have looked at the following link:

http://de.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/UNIX_INSTALL.html

but the distribution I have downloaded seems to have the binaries already.
I don't know what to do to get it all installed and recognized by the OS, or
what to do to use swat to configure anything.  Could you please provide
instructions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Billeb * abilleb at rational.com * 781-372-3431
Technical Account Manager - Advanced Services
http://www.rational.com