[Samba] how many linux boxes do I need????

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Fri Jul 12 20:29:37 GMT 2002

If the are seperate subnets you cannot use "broadcast browsing" as I
call it, for lack of knowledge of the proper term, to find all of your
computers.  However this is something a WINS box should address.  You
shouldn't need a LMB if you have a WINS box and both subnets can reach
it.  If I remember correctly, the only way to browse across subnets is
to use a WINS server.  I have had no problems with this and I don't have
a LMB or WINS box on the secondary subnets.

Chris Tooley