[Samba] Restricting Access to Samba Shared Printers?

Ken McCord ken at themccords.com
Fri Jul 12 10:34:46 GMT 2002

Is it possible (and if so, how) within Samba to restrict printers to be
using by only certain users/groups?  We have a printer dedicated to
printing our checks that was using one of those '4 PCs -> 1 printer'
devices.  We've been constantly having problems with transmissions
getting garbled when using the printer sharer (everything's fine if a PC
is directly connected), and with Samba running like a top, I'd rather
move it to the network.

We're using version 2.2.4 of Samba.

Thanks,

Ken McCord