[Samba] Account not authorized to login from this station

legchop at dds.nl legchop at dds.nl
Fri Jul 12 10:33:07 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've got a problem to connect to my samba server from other NT
domains/workgroups. The error message I get is:
The account is not authorized to login from this station.
People are able to login from the local workgroup.

I've looked at google, most of the time this error message indicates that
encrypted passwords have to be turned on. This was already done.
When I try to make a connection to the samba server, I also tried to put
the domain in front of my username in the "Connect as" box. This didn't help
either. I was playing around with the domain master, local master and preferred
master thing when it went wrong. Having set this the way it's most obvious, it
still didn't work. However, before I reverted the domain master setting, I had
the following error message in my log.smbd:

 Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Broken pipe)
[2002/07/11 16:18:35, 0] lib/util_sock.c:(1036)
  getpeername failed. Error was Invalid argument
[2002/07/11 16:18:35, 0] lib/util_sock.c:(540)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken pipe

In log.smbd I could see that this samba server was trying to be domain master
but failed. This is because another samba server is acting as domain master and
also provides us wins support. After having set "preferred master" to false the
logging stopped. At the moment I don't see any error logging, not even when I
try to connect from one of the clients that normally fails.

I'm running samba version 2.2.2 under irix.
Hope someone can help me.