[Samba] IPC$ Password

Bob Wooden bobwooden at netwalk.com
Fri Jul 12 10:31:23 GMT 2002

I have a Samba server running and want to support one windo$e machine for now.  I have reviewed the achives and found many solutions to accessing Samba share from windo$e "neighborhood network."  I get that IPC$ password request box and none of the passwords I use work.  (Yes, I have set windo$e to have the same login and password as Samba.)  Sadly none of archive solutions work.  I tried turning off encrypted passwords and setting windo$e for plain passwords.  Did not work, went back to encryption "on."  I tried "share" level security and no luck.

I am running RedHat 7.3 and installed the Samba 2.2.3 that came on their CD's.  RedHat support archives are "down" and have been for more than two weeks.  No help there.  Decided to try this mailing list first.  Help, PLEASE.