AW: [Samba] Outlook 2002 and roaming profiles

Sven Schwengel svs at rsnetworx.de
Fri Jul 12 10:17:38 GMT 2002

Hello,

This is the way for the normal .pst file where outlook stores ist
information about the normal folders. I had moved this pst to my
homedrive and it works fine. The problem is my IMAP account. When you
create an imap account in outlook it creates another pst file in the
normal path. This file is called machinename0000006.pst e.g.
If you move this file to another path, outlook wont ask at start where
the pst file is. If you will send/receive mesages outlook tells you that
one object is missing and creates a new pst file than called
machinename0000006.pst, but this is not the write one. You must copy
know the original machinename0000006.pst in the outlook directory under
Local Settings and than it works. My solution at this time is to copy
all the seconds pst in to every machine and than it works. There arent
problems to synchronize this pst, because ist an imap account. But ist
not fine to copy this file to all machines.
The problem will not be there if I can xp tell to export the outlook
folder too. But this work only a few minutes, you can read in my first
mail.

Regards sven