[Samba] how many linux boxes do I need????

Enrique Sanchez Vela esanchezvela at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 10:00:07 GMT 2002

Hello,

please dont come and say one instead of every windows
machine in your network, although it is something I
would like to see happening..

my network has two lans A and B, I plan to install a
SAMBA server in network A and have it act as a WINS
Server too.

I've been reading the online version of "Using Samba"
and I am confused about the Local Master Browser
issues, from the book I could draw that almost any
machine can act as a LMB however, only NT and above
(below) would be able to contact a DMB.

So, Would I require a Samba server in lan B in order
to be able to use my samba server as a LMB for network
A?

thanks,
esv.