[Samba] How to find out default values

Lists lists at lists.okctech.com
Thu Jul 11 18:55:49 GMT 2002

Jan Schäfer wrote:

>>>Is there any possibilty to find out these default values ?
>>>
>>testparm
>>
>That was quick ! :-)
>Thx.
>
>Next one :
>
>I'm currently trying to design a dialog where the user can
>edit the
>valid users, invalid users, write list, read list and admin users.
>The dialog contains two lists, one with all possible users
>and one list with the valid users (where the access rights can be changed)
>
>My problem is now, where can I get all possible Samba users ?
>Until now I've only got them from the smbpasswd file.
>Are there other places where Samba users can be stored ?
>
>Greetings,
>
>	Jan Schäfer

   I know that there are possibilities for ldap and others, but a basic
samba install should be using smbpasswd right now to the best of my
knowledge.

   There is something else that could be tricky, you can use @groupname
for valid users as well. I am not sure how you would distinguish unix
groups from samba groups, but these should be included if your app is
going to be as functional as possible.

--
Eric Anderson
Systems / Security Administrator