[Samba] profile problem

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 17:33:20 GMT 2002

We had a similar problem (Novell was in the equation as well).  whenever a
user logged off there was a 1 minute timeout as the client attempted to
write and delete the ntuser.dat.  Win2K was locking this file and the file
stayed locked until the client was rebooted.  If the user logged back on
again without rebooting a new profile (.001, .002 etc) was created.  We had
users with over 40 profiles!

This locking of ntuser.dat was fixed in SP1 so might be worth a go.

Noel