[Samba] Samba + Abacus Law anyone?

smb at jbgreen.com smb at jbgreen.com
Thu Jul 11 17:13:32 GMT 2002

I'm attempting to install Abacus Law (v13) under Samba and Linux. Install
completes, and I get as far as a single user successfully logged in, but
the 2nd user is nothing but trouble. Samba logs show nothing unusual to my
semi-trained eye, but locking code or timing is a likely suspect. Technical
support is of no help as they haven't tested (and therefore don't support)
the application under Samba and/or Linux.

Though I have it installed and working on one very similar network,
duplicating everything to the smallest detail possible hasn't provided a
working configuration. I've also tried two other versions (2.0.8 and 2.2.12
in addition to the current Debian/Woody version 2.2.3a-6)

  I'm looking for someone else who has this application running that would
be willing to collaborate on configuration and technical support issues.
Failing this, Linux must convert over to a supported NOS as this is a
critical application.

Here's hoping...

jbg

Jeffrey B. Green		Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com		Networking Las Vegas Since 1986