[Samba] Is there an easy way to reset Windows AD Domain password from Linux using Samba/winbindd

drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com drew.arthur at mail.sprint.com
Thu Jul 11 07:52:23 GMT 2002

We are using samba 2.2.5 with winbindd to authenticate against our AD
Domain. The passwords are set to expire every 60 days on the AD Server
and when we attempt to connect with the expired password we now get the
following messages.

plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER (0xc000000d)
Could not authenticate user erc9013%password with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_EXPIRED (0xc0000071)
Could not authenticate user erc9013 with challenge/response

Is there an easy way to reset the password on the Windows side via
winbindd?

Thanks,