[Samba] [semi-ot] Printing w/ NT, automated driver download and modifying printer settings

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Thu Jul 11 06:05:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 04:41, Erlend Mjaavatten wrote:
> Through quite a lot of trial and error I found that both the version of
> samba and the driver are factors in the success of printer driver settings
> getting all the way to the client.

Agreed, and even expanded to include whether or not the drivers work at
all! One client has a bunch of large Ricoh machines, needed PCL drivers
(DOS application that only sends PCL) and it wasn't until I loaded the
"point and print" type drivers that they could print at all via Samba.

Chris

--
'Nix MS - Just Say .NyET