[Samba] Re: [Samba] Printer Errors with 3.0 Alpha 17

gancona@libero.it gancona at libero.it
Thu Jul 11 00:32:04 GMT 2002

> On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 07:26, gancona at libero.it wrote:
> > I'm testing Samba 3.0 Alpha 17 on Suse 8.0 (but on the 7.3 is the sa
me).
> > I'm shared all the printers of the server for all the users of the
> > domain, but the clients keep the two following messagges:
> > 1. "Not eought memory to execute the command"
> > 2. "Bad printer name"
> > If I try to connect from DOS I got no problem, and I print good.
> > Somebody got any idea? the patch for the 2.2.4 may help me (you thin
k)?
> > Is it a know bug? Need logs?
> > Thanx for help.
>
> I asked a similar question a while ago and heard that
> the 2.2 printing updates were not yet in 3.0
> but were going in "real soon now"
>
> watch the cvs list
>
> brad

Hi Brad,
I've found the solution of the problem (for my case, of course).
In smb.conf I've put the parameter "disable spoolss = Yes"
(default value is "No") and now the print sharing is OK.
I think thath this parameter enable something else that is not fully
tested because the error cause a Signal 10 (kill) to the forked process
of printing.
I hope the Samba 3.0 release will solve this problem, but for the
moment (I need to go in production time!) it's the best solution.

Thanx, Graz.