[Samba] multiple domains?

Markus Schabel markus.schabel at tgm.ac.at
Wed Jul 10 13:48:02 GMT 2002

Hi!

Just another question...

I've an Samba-PDC (2.2.5 --with-ldapsam) - and of course a BDC (at least I hope
that I get this running soon) with an LDAP-backend (users/machins/groups). If I
want to create something like a "Subdomain" with some - but not all - of the
LDAP-users, can this be done, and if how? for example if we have a domain EDU
(for educational users - students [we're a school]) and a "subdomain" E-CAD (a
domain inside a CAD-room where only some students and not all students can log
in), we would like to use the same users in both domains, but store the
information which users can log in in E-CAD (e.g. in the domain-attribute or a
extra ou or a group)

thx