[Samba] XP load roaming profile only after reboot

Sven Schwengel svs at rsnetworx.de
Wed Jul 10 06:05:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have a problem with Samba 2.2.5 and Win XP roaming profiles. All works
fine. XP load the profile from the server at login and stores them on
the server at log out. But if the user logs in twice, XP does not load
the profile from the server, it uses its local profile also if the
profile on the server is newer. After a reboot  XP loads the server
profile once again.
If I disable local caching of roaming profiles it works but then I run
into problems with Outlook and its .pst file.

Does anybody know something about this ??

Regards sven