[Samba] Printing is too slow

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Jul 9 10:02:56 GMT 2002

I do not know but I would suspect a network problem. You might look at
tcpdump and watch what is being sent back and forth. This sounds like it
might be a timeout problem.
Is there a delay in starting printing or just slow printing once the job
starts?
And, I would look at how quick the print file is being transfered to the
samba server by the time in your temporary print file on samba.
And, I would have top running to see what lpr is doing during this time.
And, I would look at the logs in the printer queue.
Joel