[Samba] Problems using winbindd and samba

sspitzner at planalytics.com sspitzner at planalytics.com
Mon Jul 8 11:53:03 GMT 2002

I have followed the HOWTO to the letter and have been unable to use an NT domain
login to map a samba share.

I have been able to mount the share, using an ID that appears in the smbpasswd
file, but not directly with an NT domain/username.
I have a log file from running debug, but all it shows is that
"domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain
DOMAIN". This message appears in the log file for the machine I was attempting
to map from.

TIA
Sam