[Samba] Connexion to W2000

Joyce LAMBERT joyce.lambert at tg.refer.org
Mon Jul 8 06:44:03 GMT 2002

Hello

I'am trying to join a domain with a windows2000. Samba is on a RH 7.2 and configure like the docs i can found on the Web. But when a try to configure the connexion on the W2000 and give the root passwd  i found an erreur message "The account used is a computer account. Use a user global or local account to join this server"

What does it mean computer account global or local i don't understand if the probleme is on my W2000 machine or in my configuration of samba. I know that if i give a bad password the message is different so i think W2000 and samba good communicate

If someone have an sothing
Thank