[Samba] X-windows.

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Mon Jul 8 05:52:02 GMT 2002

Hello all.

I know this is a samba mailing list, but I'm sure a lot of people reading
this would have had a lot of experience in this field, and no offence to
other mailing lists, but some of the best insight has come from this one.
Please be so kind as to read this message.

I've upgraded to RH 7.3 from 7.1, and ever since I've not managed to get X
to run. When I type X or startx, I get a print out of where&which log & conf
file and so on, and a "fatal server error: AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for
driver 0". I haven't changed the screen of settings from the previous setup,
and now it doesn't work. Any ideas. I've heard that 7.3 has problems and
sometimes changes settings without notifying the end user, where would I
look to verify? Please help.

Thanks, Trevor.
p.s. maybe send response directly to trevor at systematic.co.za ,
       as this is not a X mailing list.