[Samba] Sharing Windows Folders

C.S.Mager samba at csmager.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 07:14:02 GMT 2002

I'm having problems sharing folders on my Windows PC.  Whenever I try to
share a folder, I get the option to choose the permissions for Everyone.
This much is fine, and normal.

I then try to add a user to the list, but I get told the user doesn't exist!
My domain is CSMNET and the user 'csm'.  I've tried entering 'csm',
'CSMNET\csm', and 'csm at csmnet' (all without quotes).  But everytime I get
told 'Name not found'.

When I run usrmgr.exe from the NT servertools, it says the name does exist!

I'm running Samba 2.2.5, and Windows XP Pro.

Thanks for any help!

--
C.S.Mager
samba at csmager.co.uk