[Samba] Time attributes in LDAP SAM

Adam Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Jul 6 18:03:02 GMT 2002

I am updateding my LDAP presentation
(ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf) to include a section on
the Samba 2.2.x LDAP backend.  But I can't find any definititive
documentation on the "time" attributes:  pwdLastChange, pwdMustChange.
Either how the time is encoded or exactly what they mean.  I've seen
post saying they are hexidecimal (although they don't look it) and other
saying they are UTC (but they don't match date+%s).  Any pointers
concerning this topic would be greatly appreciated.