[Samba] migrating samba to different machine

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Sat Jul 6 07:53:02 GMT 2002

On Friday 05 July 2002 12:13 pm, Joerg Lenneis wrote:
> Kaleb,
>
> what version of Samba are you using? The information in the
> MACHINE.SID file has been migrated to a tdb database in recent
> releases.

It's running 2.2.1a, although I think it may have been running since
samba-2.0.7.  There is a secrets.tdb file which I moved over, but I'm
presuming that samba is using a different machine ID, since all the windows
machines see it as a different machine.  I assumed that since I had moved
over all the files, it would see it as the same machine, but it doesn't yet
for some reason.

--Kaleb