[Samba] Internationalization Problem

AtSyber atsyber at ifrance.com
Fri Jul 5 12:02:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've a strange problem with accentuated characters.

I've configured correctly the smb.conf with the following instructions:
  client code page = 850
character set = Iso8859-1

I have also to indicate to my kernel the good nls and the cp850.

However, when a Windows PC writes accentuated files that doesn't work
correctly,  in the same way when the samba server try to write on a
Windows PC strange characters display (like ? or other things).

I have to change version of samba in advance 2.0.8 - > 2.2.5 (don't work
too)

I also changed kernel 2.2.19 - > 2.2.21 nothing.

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help