[Samba] access an excel files

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Fri Jul 5 08:17:22 GMT 2002

I took a lighting strike here monday night on my novell server. I replaced
that machine with suse linux 8.0 running samba 2.2.4.  I have a foxpro
database based account system that seems to work fine from the samba
server, have disabled oplocks on the share for this. also on the same share
I have some users that share some access an excel files that only one
preson can get in the access files at a time, others that need to get in an
just look at some info from the files can not open them of someone has them
open for editing. gives error of can not lock file. is there a known fix
for me to put something in the smb.conf file to fix this problem. I need
the users to be able to view some tables to look up some info they need for
other things from this files.

thanks.
I know in the hurry to get the new server up to replace old one I might
have missed something. I can post smb.conf if need be.

jack malone
Network Administrator
EAST TEXAS LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND
dba HORIZON INDUSTRIES