[Samba] WindowsXP client prob's !

Jan Svarrer Sølvsten jan at danprise.dk
Fri Jul 5 04:58:02 GMT 2002

Hi' there!

I just installed a RedHat 7.2 distribution with Samba included. Shortly
edited the smb.conf (included btw) to fit my needs.

One of the clients is a WinXP. I AM aware of the solutions with editing
the registry in XP and still using plain passwd's. Furthermore I tried
to activate encrypted passwd's with Samba. None of the above worked. I
can see all the shares when using smbclient on the Linux, but on the XP
I can see the Samba server, but opening it will give an error like -
"Server is not accessible... You may not have the rights to ... No
service is operating at the destination network endpoint on the remote
system"

In desperate need of assistance.

Best regards
Jan