[Samba] path to long in samba-2.2.5

hela.wann at gmx.net hela.wann at gmx.net
Fri Jul 5 03:23:52 GMT 2002

Hello.

I have a problem with samba-2.2.5 and Win2000. I try to copy a file onto my
home share and the explorer takes a long time to copy the file. After a
while (ca. 30 seconds) there comes an error-box: path is to long (Der Pfad
ist zu lang.)
The error just gives me an OK-button. The files is correctly transmitted. I
checked it, but if takes a very long time and there comes the error-message.

What can it be?

And here the smb.conf

[global]
	workgroup = ANDRE
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	map to guest = Bad User
	map archive = no
	guest account = nobody
	null passwords = Yes
	keepalive = 10
	logon script = login.bat
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 256
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	local master = Yes
	security = user
	wins support = Yes
	kernel oplocks = yes
	oplock break wait time = 30
	time server = Yes
	log level = 4
	printing = cups
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /dev/false -M %u
	character set = ISO8859-1
	client code page = 850

[homes]
	comment = Heimatverzeichnis