[Samba] Weird thing.

Thomas Rankin tom at sanguinarius.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 4 15:54:50 GMT 2002

I upgraded a fileserver I admin to samba 2.2.5 from 2.0.7 almost a week ago
and whlst I was on site today something very strange happened.
I found that I couldn't browse anything on network neighbourhood from any of
the machines and looking at the log files it appears that a windows98
machine managed to elect itself local master.

I have got the usual:

    local master = yes
   domain master = yes
 preffered master = yes

Also a Windows2000 machine that is on the network can now only mount one
share, with all the others it declares that the password is incorrect.

Am I doing anything obviously wrong.

(All clients set up to allow unencrypted passwords and so is the server,
this will change soon).