[Samba] samba pdc problem

Ian Campbell ICampbell at cymax.com.au
Wed Jul 3 23:11:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am running samba as a pdc on redhat 7.3. Everything has been going fine. I have a mix of win2k, winxp and winnt4 clients. The problem is with a few machines that I joined to the domain early on when I was testing. They have since been removed from the domain and have had their computer name changed. Now when I try to join the domain again I get an error about using a computer account to join the domain instead of a valid user name.
So, I'm thinking the sam or something must be hidden away somewhere on the samba server from when I originally joined the domain in the testing phase. So... I found the old entry in my smbpasswd and passwd files and removed it, but I still get the problem!!!

Can someone please help????

Ian