[Samba] mount windows xp share

Rikard Florin rikard at ratblast.net
Wed Jul 3 15:00:44 GMT 2002

nevertheless it gives the same result, it feels like i've tried everything.
I even upgraded to kernel 2.4.18 (from 2.4.17) and I still get the error
message:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //192.168.0.2/test, or
too many mounted file systems

on the console I just noticed it also says:

smbfs: mount_data version 1919251317 is not supported

I've seen some posts indicating some registry setting for Windows XP which
should be necessary? perhaps this got something to do with it? but I've not
found any mentionings of _which_ settings....

/rikard