[Samba] smb.conf file help !!!!

McGovern, Robert Robert.McGovern at amisysllc.com
Wed Jul 3 14:44:02 GMT 2002

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I currently have Samba running on HP9000 / hpux box.

Network is Windows NT

Workstations are Windows 2000 & Windows NT & Linux

I have been able to get samba working from the Linux workstations

I have been to get samba working on the NT workstations / 2000 , ONLY but
using the smbpasswd file with password encrypt.

BIG QUESTION = can I get samba working on my NT domain / workstations
WITHOUT using the smbpasswd file & if so , could someone give me a hint on
the smb.conf configuration.

The last two days have been spent reading all kinds of samba docs. all I
want to know , is it possible to get samba to work with NT without the
smbpasswd file.

Thanks to all,

Robert McGovern