[Samba] Name resolution

PsYLinuX psylinux at brturbo.com
Wed Jul 3 13:20:05 GMT 2002

Hi, everybody

I've just got this problem. On my network I have one SQL Server DATABASE running in my NT Server. This is not a PDC, just a SQL Server.
I'm trying to set up a Domain Control using SAMBA server which is runnig in my Linux RH 7.3 BOX. So the problem is:

I need to use name resolution, like WINS. Because my windowdos 98 clients find the DATABASE server by name, as well as another machines on my network.

How can it be done, using just LINUX ???

Do I need to use any another application as DNS or BIND, or just SAMBA can solve my problem???

Thanks a lot!!!

Intel +

PsYLinuX
Marcos Azevedo

I have not failed 10,000 times, I have sucessfully found 10,000 ways that won't work." -- Thomas A. Edison