[Samba] lpresume vs queueresume

Tom.Klopf at mms.gov Tom.Klopf at mms.gov
Wed Jul 3 06:03:03 GMT 2002

I use queuepause and queueresume for mapping the "pause" option in windows
for a printer. It's works fine:

queuepause = lpc stop %p
queueresume = lpc start %p

(This is with LPRng)

I believe lppause and lpresume is for holding individual jobs (not entire
queues like queuepause/resume).  Lpc has a switch called "hold" which applys
to individual jobs.

Example

lpc hold myprinter at myserver jobid (where jobid is the numeric id of the
job).

I think release is the opposite of hold, but you'll have to experiment.

If you right-click on a particular job on a printer in windows, and select
"pause", this is what the lppause/resume is for.

BTW, someone correct me if I'm wrong here :)