[Samba] Samba+PDC+LDAP+add user script - problem

Markus Schabel markus.schabel at tgm.ac.at
Wed Jul 3 04:58:02 GMT 2002

Hi!

I've a problem, I'm using samba 2.2.5-1 (debian unstable source), which I
compiled as the idealx howto explains, and all seems to work fine. Adding
Computer Accounts with "smbldap-useradd.pl -w <name>" works fine, but when i
specify
add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %
in the smb.conf, it works fine for the first computer I add automatically. But
when I add another computer, all is broken. I can't connect to the domain from
the first and from the second computer.
What happens, when I add the second computer is, that the password-entries in
the ldap FOR the second computer are stored in the ldap-entries from the first
computer (also the cn and displayNames are overwritten), and the
password-entries in the ldap-entrie from the second computer are also filled,
but I've no idea where these hashes come from - they simply don't work, because
the working entries are changed in the wrong computer-entry in the ldap.

But when I run the smbldap-useradd.pl-script as root/administrator (tried both)
from the shell all works fine.

Any ideas where the problem is?

greetz