[Samba] samba PDC & XP

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Tue Jul 2 10:27:26 GMT 2002

Hello Dima

I'm using Red Hat Linux 7.3, with samba 2.2.3, This should work for you too.

I found an interesting document about XP and domain logons at:
/usr/share/doc/samba-2.2.3a/docs/Registry

The file is: WinXP_SignOrSeal.reg

It says that "this registry key is needed for a windows XP client to join
and logon to a Samba domain"!

NB!!!BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN MESSING WITH THE REGISTRY!!!
If you make a wrong change it could cause the whole computer to crash or
something just as bad, so be warned.

If you don't have the file I can e-mail it to you.

Hope that solves the problem. Cheers,
Trevor.