[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 Printing problem with HP Designjets

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Tue Jul 2 10:27:02 GMT 2002

Are you using the latest HP DesignJet driver?

v4.61 is the one our HP450C is using;  We get all
the paper sizes listed using that one.

If not, try updating the server driver set first, then
use that to update the clients.

Jim

 sent this request already last week, but got no answer (maybe I did
> not use a good subject).
>

> My problem is the following:
>
> I use server side drivers with samba 2.2.5 and cups. I add
> them usually
> with cupsaddsmb. This works quite well, but I have trouble
> with printers
> with really large papersizes. I have some HP Designjet in our Network,
> we need for our mechanical engineers, as well as for Poster
> production.
>
> The problem now is that the drivers does not offer p
apersizes larger
> than
> DIN A2 format. I'm really in need of the papersize DIN A0 and DIN
> A1. Thanks to Kurt Pfeifle I nailed this problem down to the
> available
> Forms.
>
> If I do a right click on the Printers Folder -> Server
> Properties on the
> local system, I see Forms larger than A2 (its a Windows 2000 system),
> but if I look onto "server properties" on the samba server in network
> neighborhood I only see paper size up to A2. I tried to add more forms
> to the server, but th
at doesn't work, I always get "Das Formular A0