[Samba] Samba 2.2.4 and PRINT$

Tom.Klopf at mms.gov Tom.Klopf at mms.gov
Tue Jul 2 09:25:04 GMT 2002

I would upgrade to 2.2.5 before doing anything else. They've made it more
stable in that release, it seems, and it may solve your problem. Also,
there's a (important) patch to install on top of that:

ftp.samba.org/pub/jerry/patches/post-2.2.5/parse_sec.patch

As for your problem, please clarify what you mean by "fail to succeed". You
need to distinguish whether it's a general permissions problem or a problem
with only uploading/setting drivers.

Example : use smbstatus to see if you're "really" logged in as root (i.e.
mapped to root)

-t