[Samba] Print to W2k Server

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Tue Jul 2 06:10:03 GMT 2002

Hello all, thanks for all the help so far.

I'm trying to print to a printer connected to a windows 2000 profesional
computer on our lan. From a winNT4-sp6 machine everything works. I link
straight to the computer using \\server\printername in the path in printer
wizzard.  The same is not the case with the Win98 machines. I get the
message that the "printer is off line". This is obviously not the case. I
have read 'Printing Support in Samba 2.2.x', but as far as I understand I'm
not connecting my printer to the samba server.

 Do I still need to create a samba print share, and if so, how would I get
samba to point to the windows print 'server', I've tried simply typing in
the path: \\sambaserver\printshare which doesn't work.

Please could you people help.
Thanks, Trevor.