[Samba] Windows System Error 53 The network path was not found

Ramiro Olbina getsmart at cura.net
Mon Jul 1 16:24:02 GMT 2002

I am a newbie to Linux and just went to several Bible’s trying to sort
out the following problem.

I can see my Samba Server through my Network Neighbourhood but cannot
gain access to my homes and other shared directories.
I receive the following error: Windows System Error 53  The network path
was not found
I am running WIN2000 SP2 as a client and Red Hat 7.2 with Samba version
2.2.1a.
When I ping the server lonewolf everything seems fine when I ping the
workstation also everything seems fine.
I am using encrypted password and have the settings in the smb.conf file
set to yes.
I have file and print sharing enabled. Need some help.

Ramiro S. Olbina
Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
Caribbean