[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 - RECYCLE BIN (VFS) problem

Dan O'Connor dan at ferrarishields.com
Mon Jul 1 14:36:02 GMT 2002

> can somebody give me detailed instructions for compiling the
> VFS-recycle bin-extension for samba 2.2.5? I tried it, already RTFM,
<snip>
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.5.

Make sure you CVSup your ports collection, as the recycle bin was broken
in FreeBSD prior to Samba-2.2.5_3.

Then:

    # cd /usr/ports/net/samba
    # make && make install && make clean

During the build, you'll get a menu screen of options to select. Check
the recycle bin option and then select OK.

You'll find 'recycle.so' at '/usr/local/lib/samba/recycle.so' and
'recycle.conf' at
'/usr/local/share/examples/samba/VFS/recycle/recycle.conf'.

Have fun!

--Dan