[Samba] stability of samba---SOS!!!!!!!!

Girish R S ramadurgam.girish at wipro.com
Thu Jan 31 11:56:01 GMT 2002

hi all,
I am having problems with samba. I installed samba-2.2.2 on Ultra 10
Solaris2.6. it worked fine.
Later i had to install the same on E420 solaris 2.6. Smbd and nmbd dint come
up. I really had to break my head on trying to make it work. Later one of my
friend gave me samba-2.2.1a. When nmbd worked fine. Later suddenly smbd
worked and i could see the samba server on NT system. For what ever reasons
now suddenly it doesnt work again.
I downloaded binary samba-2.2.2-sparc-solaris.pkg.gz. Is it good idea to try
with binary rather than compiling..
Now somebody please help me...Please tell me the right samba for solaris
sparc 2.6.
Thanks a ton....
Girish